on Photo to Enlarge
photos do no show well the simulated protective mesh screen on this
The 1979 Mack model CF 1000 gpm Pumper, with FDNY
registration number MP7958, was assigned to Engine
Company 33 on July 18, 1980 replacing a 1970 Mack CF.
While at Engine Company 33, it had a few unusual
graphics added, which made it different in appearance
from the other FDNY Macks of that year.
HISTORY & INTEREST
Engine Company 33 was organized on November 1, 1865 in
the former quarters of Niagara Engine 4 of the old
volunteer department, at 220 Mercer Street, Manhattan.
On December 27, 1882, they moved to 15 Great Jones
Street and later to a much larger new firehouse at 42
Great Jones Street on January 1, 1899. They are still
located in this lower Manhattan two door firehouse,
along with Ladder Company 9 and Purple K Unit 33, a
special apparatus manned by Engine Company 33 when
photographs are used with the permission of and are copyrighted by
Code 3 Collectibles
F.D.N.Y. is a registered
the City of New York